Upcoming Class postponed until early 2018
MSC combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion, providing a powerful tool for emotional resilience.
Self compassion involves responding to these difficult thoughts and feelings with kindness, sympathy and understanding so that we soothe and comfort ourselves when we're hurting. Research has shown that self-compassion greatly enhances emotional wellbeing. It boosts happiness, reduces anxiety and depression, and can even help maintain healthy lifestyle habits such as diet and exercise. Being both mindful and compassionate leads to greater ease and wellbeing in our daily lives.
MSC can be learned by anyone. It's the practice of repeatedly evoking good will toward ourselves especially when we are suffering - culitvating the same desire that all living beings live happily and free from suffering.
In this program you will learn
- How to handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- How to motivate yourself with encouragment rather than criticism
- How to transform difficult relationships, both old and new
- Mindfulness and self-compassion practices for home and every day life
- The theory and research behind mindful self-compassion
- How to become your own best teacher
taken from the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion website: http://www.centerformsc.org/Training